What browsers are compatible with my ECA certificate?
Your IdenTrust ECA Certificate can be retrieved only in Internet Explorer.
Once the certificate is downloaded, you can use it in various browsers. Browser options depend on if you are using a software certificate or a token based certificate.
Some browsers are available in both the Macintosh and Windows operating systems, if the certificate is compatible with a browser, this is the same on both Windows and Macintosh.
Please note with Firefox: Once the certificate is downloaded in Internet Explorer, to use it in Firefox you will have to export it from Internet Explorer and then Import it into Firefox. (See below for related links)
NOTE: If you are using a Mac, the certificate is compatible with OSX 10.10 and up.
- How to import a certificate into Internet Explorer?
- How to import a certificate into Firefox?
- How to backup a certificate in Internet Explorer?
- What operating systems are supported?
- Where is my certificate located on my computer?
|Article number: E2501
Last Modified: June 21, 2016
FEDERAL AGENCY PROGRAMS
STATE AGENCY PROGRAMS